Mechanical Flow Controllers DW 181 | DW 182 | DW 183 | DW 184
- Mechanical, autonomous flow switches – no power supply needed
- For horizontal and vertical pipes from DN 15 up to DN 3000 – and higher
- High reliability and repeatability up to 300°C / 570°F
The DW 18 series of flow controller is ideal for locally indicating the flow of homogenous clean liquids. Adjustable switches generate alarms once switching points are reached.
The units are robust. Several variants are available to suit a wide variety of applications.
- Permanent readings using a powerful magnet
- No need for a power supply to indicate flow
- Unique Ex d design (without dial for local readings)
- High temperature version (without local indication) can operate up to 300°C (570°F)
- Available for process pressures up to 120 bar (1740 psig)
- No pipe diameter limit: Insertion-type version is suitable for pipes > 250mm
- Any tube length is available for easy replacement of existing units
- Large choice of process connections and wetted parts material
- With optional stainless steel housing
- Works with any clean liquid in any position
- High reliability and repeatability
- Alarm position: set by factory free of charge during test rig flow calibration
- Each instrument is individually calibrated and tested
- Switch value can be dry-tested!
- Optional 3-wire device (without local indication) with 4-20 mA current output (not CE certified!)
- Power supply device and digital indication possible via C95 Ci or similar
- Oil & Gas
- Air-conditioning (HVAC)
- Flow detection
- Cooling systems
- Pump protection
- Lubrication control
- Cavitation alarm
DW 181 flow controller
The DW 181 inline flow controller is suitable for horizontal or vertical pipes. It can have G or NPT threaded connections, sizes ranging from ¾…2″.
- The measuring tube and connection are made of either bronze or 316 L (1.4404) stainless steel.
- There are two types of indicator available for this variant:
- a linear scale with up to two alarm positions at the top and bottom of the indicator (as shown) or
- a dial which has been made specifically for this instrument and tested on a calibration rig.
- For information on DW 181 flow ranges, please refer to the flow range tables.