MSD-RO AXIALLY SPLIT MULTISTAGE PUMP
Our high pressure solution for desalination applications
MSD-RO is a two stage in back-to-back arrangement, axially split casing, single suction pump which has been developed mainly for high pressure membrane feed in Reverse Osmosis (RO) desalination applications.
Innovation has been at the center of the MSD-RO development. As a result, the MSD-RO pump benefits from:
- A significantly more compact arrangement of the pump hydraulics
- Top class efficiency according to market needs
The meticulous design approach combined with Sulzer’s experience have resulted in a pump that performs to the highest efficiency level, whilst providing our customers with a robust, reliable, easy-to-maintain and cost-effective pump.
Main technical features
- Hydraulic configuration with two single suction impellers offers a compact design, with extremely low NPSH values and top of its class efficiency
- Special opposed, dynamically balanced impeller design for ideal axial thrust balance, increasing the overall pump efficiency by avoiding the use of balancing line
- Single, balanced, cartridge mechanical seal. Option for API 682 mechanical seal is available
- Sleeve journal and duplex angular contact thrust bearing as standard. Sleeve journal and pivot shoe thrust bearing with force oil lubrication system is available
- Robust split flanges based on heavy duty API standards
- Reduced wear parts clearances by using PEEK or honeycomb, to increase pump efficiency.
Categories: AXIALLY SPLIT PUMPS, SULZER